Blooket has become one of the most popular online learning platforms for students and teachers. With its fun and interactive games, Blooket makes learning engaging and exciting. This comprehensive guide will teach you everything you need to know about joining Blooket games with game IDs and playing Blooket.
What is Blooket?
Blooket is a web-based learning platform that leverages gamification techniques to make studying more enjoyable for students. Founded in 2018 by Ben Stewart, Blooket allows teachers to create customized learning games by importing their own content or selecting from Blooket’s question database.
Once the teacher creates a game, students can join it instantly using a unique game ID or code provided by the teacher. Blooket offers a variety of multiplayer game modes like Tower Defense, Gold Quest, Crypto Hack, and Racing, where students can compete against each other in real-time while revising concepts.
Benefits of Using Blooket
- Makes learning interactive and fun through gamification
- Improves student engagement and motivation
- Allows teachers to conduct formative assessments easily
- Caters to different learning abilities and preferences
- Can be used for independent and collaborative learning
- Works well for remote/hybrid learning environments
- Complements traditional teaching methodologies
How to Join a Blooket Game with Game ID
Joining a Blooket game is quick and straightforward. Follow these steps:
1. Get the Game ID from your teacher
The teacher will provide you with a unique Game ID or “Blooket code” for the game they created. Note down this code.
2. Go to the Blooket website
Visit www.blooket.com and click on “Join Game” in the top menu bar. Alternatively, you can directly visit play.blooket.com.
3. Enter the Game ID
Type or paste the Game ID provided by your teacher into the text box titled “Game ID” and click the “Join Game” button.
4. Set your name and avatar
Choose a name you want to use in the game. Then pick an avatar from the options available.
5. You’re all set!
Once you confirm your name and avatar, you’ll enter the game lobby and can start playing when the teacher launches the game.
It’s that easy to join a Blooket game session using just the unique Game ID. No signup or account creation required for students.
How Teachers Can Host Blooket Games
Teachers need to follow these steps to create and host a live Blooket game:
1. Create a teacher account
Go to www.blooket.com and click on “Login” to create a free teacher account using Google, Microsoft or email.
2. Build a question set
You can either create your own questions or pick readymade question sets from Blooket’s content library.
3. Choose a game mode
Select from Tower Defense, Gold Quest, Racing and more. Each game mode has unique learning mechanics.
4. Customize settings
Tweak options like time limit, rewards, powerups etc. according to your need.
5. Launch the game
Click on “Host Game” to start the session. Share the Game ID that gets generated with your students.
6. Monitor student progress
View live game analytics to see student scores and responses. Identify learning gaps.
That’s it! Blooket makes it incredibly easy for teachers to gamify lessons.
Top Blooket Game Modes
Blooket offers a variety of multiplayer game modes, each with its own set of rules, gameplay mechanics and learning strategies. Popular game modes include:
- Tower Defense – Answer questions to earn cash which can be used to build towers and defend against enemies. Promotes problem solving.
- Gold Quest – Compete in teams to collect gold nuggets and gems while dodging obstacles. Teaches collaboration.
- Cafe – Take customer orders, prepare food items correctly and earn tips. Boosts memory retention.
- Racing – Race against opponents while answering questions to speed up your car. Encourages healthy competition.
- Crypto Hack – Crack codes by solving puzzles and math problems. Develops computational thinking.
- Factory – Manage production lines and supply chains. Learn economic concepts like scarcity.
- Blooket Blooket Blooket Blooket Blooket Blooket Blooket Blooket Blooket Blooket Blooket Blooket – Description.
Teachers can choose the game mode that best suits their curriculum and learning objectives.
Playing Blooket Without Game ID
Don’t have a Game ID from your teacher? No problem! You can still play Blooket by creating your own hosted games for solo practice. Follow these steps:
1. Create your account
Go to www.blooket.com and click on “Login”. Sign up for a free account using your Google ID, Microsoft account or email address.
2. Build question sets
Create your own question sets or browse Blooket’s library to add premade sets across diverse topics.
3. Select game settings
Pick a game mode, customize duration, number of rounds, rewards etc.
4. Host the game
Click on “Host Game” to launch your custom Blooket game and start playing immediately.
5. Share Game ID (Optional)
If you want friends to join your game, share the generated Game ID with them.
By hosting your own games, you can play Blooket solo for practice or with friends for a fun study session!
Tips for Using Blooket Effectively
Here are some top tips to maximize learning outcomes with Blooket:
- Vary game modes to keep students engaged over time.
- Make it a reward activity after traditional lectures to reinforce concepts.
- Set time limits to add excitement and simulate real-world scenarios.
- Incorporate peer teaching by allowing students to create games.
- Use Blooket Insights dashboard to identify student weaknesses.
- Customize games to focus on difficult topics or skills.
- Let students use avatars and usernames to promote anonymity.
- Appoint student ambassadors to assist with troubleshooting.
- Enable practice mode to allow unlimited attempts without pressure.
Blooket Premium Features
Blooket offers a premium version with advanced features for teachers under paid subscription plans:
- Create unlimited games
- Access all game modes
- Full question library access
- Class progress reports
- Assign games as homework
- Remove ads
Blooket Plus Flex
- Everything in Plus
- Real-time insights dashboard
- Student performance analytics
- Custom avatars and tokens
- Priority email support
While the free version is good for basics, Premium unlocks additional capabilities for power users.
Blooket Join Codes
Blooket join codes provide instant access to hosted game sessions. Here are some examples of working Blooket join codes:
New codes are continually being created. Visit our Blooket Codes page to discover the latest working codes.
Some popular alternatives to Blooket include:
- Kahoot! – Popular quiz-based learning platform like Blooket.
- Quizizz – Allows creating and playing quizzes in a fun manner.
- Quizlet – Digital flashcards and study games creator.
- Gimkit – Award-winning game-based learning tool.
- Wordwall – Create engaging interactive activities easily.
While Blooket is a market leader, these alternatives are worth checking out as well. Evaluate different options to choose the right fit for your needs.
FAQs about Blooket
Is Blooket free to use?
Yes, Blooket offers a robust free version with basic features. Premium plans unlock more advanced capabilities.
Can students log in without an account?
Students don’t need an account to join games using Blooket join codes provided by the teacher.
How many game modes does Blooket offer?
Blooket offers around 15+ multiplayer game modes like Racing, Crypto Hack, Factory and more.
Does Blooket work on all devices?
Yes, Blooket is fully responsive and works seamlessly on smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops.
Can teachers track student progress?
Yes, Blooket provides detailed analytics on student performance that teachers can use to identify learning gaps. Check out more interesting stories at our Favorite Articles.
Blooket delivers an exceptional game-based learning experience that makes studying fun. With its multiplayer game modes, performance insights and engagement tools, Blooket keeps students motivated to learn. This guide covers everything educators and students need to know about joining Blooket games instantly using shareable game IDs and playing solo. Explore all that this “learning reimagined” platform has to offer!